I was going through some old pictures recently and found the last pictures I have of the first Jeep I ever owned. A 1991 Jeep Cherokee that did a good job of protecting me when I hit the green Chevy Malibu Maxx the last two pictures are of. It was not a good day.
My web server sending people to the wrong domain seems to only occur at home. I have no clue what is causing it but it is rather frustrating
I couldn’t get VestaCP to work properly with Nextcloud so I am back to Virtualmin. Problem is, some domains don’t end up going to the correct site although they not do this in all browsers.
I have decided to switch from Virtualmin back to VestaCP for managing my site. There was nothing wrong with Virtualmin from a technical standpoint, just a couple of issues I hated working around (adding a smccloud.com subdomain was the main one). Although I do lose IPv6 support until March, I doubt many people will even notice that.
Well, I was reading a news article today about how Charter/Spectrum is telling the FTC that Title II is making it so they don’t invest in their network but they are telling investors that it isn’t causing any issues. Also had a link in the article saying that every user on their 60Mbps tier will be upgraded to 100Mbps, the problem I have with this is they are not increasing the upload speed. Still a crappy 5Mbps, its taking me forever to complete my first backup with CrashPlan Small Business due to this.
I have been playing around with creating Docker containers. I’ve created two so far. One to mine Monero (XMR) with a CPU where everything is automatically set and the other is to run a full Monero Node. It can be difficult to create the container, but it is actually fun too. Maybe I will create more in the future.
I really hate web pages that have a Java web app on them. Especially since the days of being able to run them are going to be going away shortly. Currently, Firefox ESR 52 32-bit allows you to run them, but once they move the ESR to the next version the ability to run them goes away. HTML5 pages are much better, to bad legacy network gear (I’m looking at you old HP ProCurve at work) will never be updated……
Well, port forwarding in RouterOS is way different then any other router I’ve used so far. Tonight I’m hoping I have enough time to figure out what I did wrong so I can get the ports I need to forward forwarded out.
I have started planning upgrades for my mountain bike. Not going to be cheap but worth it in the end. I want to convert from a 3×7 drivetrain to a 1×11 drivetrain, upgrade the fork, brake levers & grips. My wishlist of parts is as follows below. I don’t expect anyone to buy these parts for me, but I won’t be upset if someone does 😉
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 Bottom Bracket – 68mm BSA
- Shimano SLX 1×11 Drivetrain Groupset, 170mm, 32t
- Cable Ties – 4” – Multi Color (Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Fuschia, Orange, Gray, Purple) – 500 Pieces
- Jagwire Ferrules & Tidys Kit – Braided Casing, Orange
- Octane One Solar Pro MTB Wheelset 2017, Cassette
- Chain Guide, 30-40T, CYSKY MTB Chain Guide Direct Mount Chainring Guard Perfect for Most Bicycle Road Bike Mountain Bike BMX Fixie (Allow Aluminum, BB Mount) (BB Mount, Black)
- LifeLine Alloy Screw In Bar End Plugs, Orange
- DEERU Ergonomic Design Bicycle Grips, Aluminium Alloy Lock Bicycle Handlebar Grips for MTB BMX Folding Bikes
- RaceFace Crank Boots for Allow Cranks, Orange
- Jagwire Mountain Pro Derailleur Kit Maxxis Orange
- Jagwire Pro Brake Cable Kit Mountain SRAM/Shimano, Orange
- Avid Speed Dial 7 levers x2
Been playing around with a RouterOS VM a bit at work (wanted to try out “The Dude” at work to see if I can use it). I think converting from EdgeOS to RouterOS is going to be a bit of work, but I’ll pull a config file from my EdgeRouter-X and just get started. I mean, its all I can really do 😉