Well, port forwarding in RouterOS is way different then any other router I’ve used so far. Tonight I’m hoping I have enough time to figure out what I did wrong so I can get the ports I need to forward forwarded out.
I have started planning upgrades for my mountain bike. Not going to be cheap but worth it in the end. I want to convert from a 3×7 drivetrain to a 1×11 drivetrain, upgrade the fork, brake levers & grips. My wishlist of parts is as follows below. I don’t expect anyone to buy these parts for me, but I won’t be upset if someone does 😉
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 Bottom Bracket – 68mm BSA
- Shimano SLX 1×11 Drivetrain Groupset, 170mm, 32t
- Cable Ties – 4” – Multi Color (Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Fuschia, Orange, Gray, Purple) – 500 Pieces
- Jagwire Ferrules & Tidys Kit – Braided Casing, Orange
- Octane One Solar Pro MTB Wheelset 2017, Cassette
- Chain Guide, 30-40T, CYSKY MTB Chain Guide Direct Mount Chainring Guard Perfect for Most Bicycle Road Bike Mountain Bike BMX Fixie (Allow Aluminum, BB Mount) (BB Mount, Black)
- LifeLine Alloy Screw In Bar End Plugs, Orange
- DEERU Ergonomic Design Bicycle Grips, Aluminium Alloy Lock Bicycle Handlebar Grips for MTB BMX Folding Bikes
- RaceFace Crank Boots for Allow Cranks, Orange
- Jagwire Mountain Pro Derailleur Kit Maxxis Orange
- Jagwire Pro Brake Cable Kit Mountain SRAM/Shimano, Orange
- Avid Speed Dial 7 levers x2
Been playing around with a RouterOS VM a bit at work (wanted to try out “The Dude” at work to see if I can use it). I think converting from EdgeOS to RouterOS is going to be a bit of work, but I’ll pull a config file from my EdgeRouter-X and just get started. I mean, its all I can really do 😉
Well, my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter-X and UniFi AP Lite AC combo stopped working. Picked up a TP-Link Archer C7 to get us through until I could troubleshoot the Ubiquiti gear, decided to replace them with a MikroTik hAP ac after reading that Ubiquiti gear likes to die after around 18 months. Definitely not what I need at home. Configuring the MikroTik will be more work for me then I’m used to, but performance should be as good as or better than the Ubiquiti combo. I should also be able to keep the EdgeRouter-X around as a 5 port gigabit switch if I want to, powered by the hAP ac (it comes with a 24V wall wart and supports PoE out on port 5). I’m hoping I can easily get IPv6 working on the hAP ac, since it was a PITA on my EdgeRouter-X.