Just picked up some minor “upgrades” for my bike. Specifically new tires to make it easier to commute on it. Got some Diamondback Hybrid/Comfort Tires. Should be a lot easier to commute with it. Also got some Schwalbe Bicycle Tire Levers to make it easier to swap between my street tires and offroad tires.
Archive for the ‘biking’ Category
I participated in my first Ingress Anomaly this last weekend. Recursion Prime in Minneapolis. I had a blast, although I am out of shape for doing a bunch of short sprints on my mountain bike. For my next one, if I’m on a bike team again I really need a gravel bike or something like that instead of my mountain bike. Sadly we lost to the “Enlightened” but oh well.
This June, I am taking part in the Great Cycle Challenge to fight kids’ cancer!
My goal is to pedal 100 miles miles throughout the month.
Why am I doing this? Because cancer is the largest killer of children from disease in the United States – 38 children die of cancer every week. It’s awful to think so many young lives are lost to this terrible disease.
Kids should be living life, NOT fighting for it.
To show my support, I am taking on this 30-day challenge to support cancer research and give these kids the brighter futures they deserve.
It will be tough, but it’s nothing compared to what these brave kids face every day as they battle this disease and fight for their lives.
So today, I’m asking for your support.
Please make a donation through my fundraising page to support my challenge and join me in the fight to save little lives.
All funds raised will support Children’s Cancer Research Fund to continue their work to develop innovative treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer.
Thank you so much.
I have started planning upgrades for my mountain bike. Not going to be cheap but worth it in the end. I want to convert from a 3×7 drivetrain to a 1×11 drivetrain, upgrade the fork, brake levers & grips. My wishlist of parts is as follows below. I don’t expect anyone to buy these parts for me, but I won’t be upset if someone does 😉
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 Bottom Bracket – 68mm BSA
- Shimano SLX 1×11 Drivetrain Groupset, 170mm, 32t
- Cable Ties – 4” – Multi Color (Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Fuschia, Orange, Gray, Purple) – 500 Pieces
- Jagwire Ferrules & Tidys Kit – Braided Casing, Orange
- Octane One Solar Pro MTB Wheelset 2017, Cassette
- Chain Guide, 30-40T, CYSKY MTB Chain Guide Direct Mount Chainring Guard Perfect for Most Bicycle Road Bike Mountain Bike BMX Fixie (Allow Aluminum, BB Mount) (BB Mount, Black)
- LifeLine Alloy Screw In Bar End Plugs, Orange
- DEERU Ergonomic Design Bicycle Grips, Aluminium Alloy Lock Bicycle Handlebar Grips for MTB BMX Folding Bikes
- RaceFace Crank Boots for Allow Cranks, Orange
- Jagwire Mountain Pro Derailleur Kit Maxxis Orange
- Jagwire Pro Brake Cable Kit Mountain SRAM/Shimano, Orange
- Avid Speed Dial 7 levers x2